My Jack Russell Terrier developed a lazy/floppy ear. Should I be comcerned? Any way to fix it?

Hi, I have a Jack Russell Terrier that is 4 months old. It is healthy and active but for a lazy/floppy right ear.
Both its ears were floppy when we first brought it home at 8 weeks old. By the 10th week, both ears were perky and alert.
However, it woke up one day last week with a lazy/floppy ear and has been that way since.
Activity and appetite levels are normal. What causes this lazy ear and should I be concerned? Is there any way to fix it? Thanks!

Asked by Member 641399 on Jun 13th 2008 Tagged lazyears in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Nothing of concern. It's normal actually. Although I never knew that Jack Russell's ears with do that.
I know nothing about "training" a JRT's ears, so sorry I can't help there.

Jack Russell Terriers are supposed to have floppy ears. They're supposed to look like this: www.puppycityny.com

Is that not what you mean by having a lazy / floppy ear?

Hunter Moab

My JRT had a floppy ear when he was younger. The Vet said it could have been the way he was positioned in the womb. He told me to softly massage his ear and the mussels around it for a few minutes every day. I could actually see a difference in how his ear changed over a period of time and after a while he was fine! Good luck.

Hunter Moab answered on 6/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer