My husband wants a baby. I want a yorkie. He works various shifts and I'm a school teacher. Can we have a yorkie?

Newly married couple
Husband wants a baby
Wife wants a yorkie
Both work long hours as a manufacturer and school teacher
Is it okay to leave a yorkie alone for 5-8 hours?

Asked by Member 1101945 on Mar 24th 2012 Tagged workaholicwantsyorkie in Bringing Your Pet Home

Answers

I would honestly recommend you to get an older Yorkie, one that's already been trained and socialized. I will add that Yorkshire Terriers (Yorkies) are better with older children. If you plan on having children, the Yorkshire Terrier may not be the best dog to get.

However, if you want a Yorkie and plan on leaving it home for 5-8 hours a day, I would build a doggy door so it has access to go indoor and outdoors IF you have a secured fenced in yard or porch/deck.

Have you properly educated yourself on the Yorkshire Terrier? Please educate yourself on the breed and research the breed! Here are some sites to start you out with - en.wikipedia.org
www.akc.org
www.dogbreedinfo.com

If you have any more questions, feel free to message me anytime!