Dob

My GSD pauppy eat Dung .. Help me

My 5 month old GSD puppy is trained to not eat anything until I permit him. But he eats Dung. He don't obey me when he see cow's dung. Please help me how I can stop him to do it...

Asked by Dob on Apr 23rd 2012 Tagged germanshepherd, gsd, puppy in Coprophagy (Stool Eating)

Answers

You can buy some stuff for him to take to get him to stop eating it. Search for stool eating deterrent on the internet and see what you can find.

He is a baby... keep him ON LEASH and it will be impossible for him to get to it. Obviously, at 5 months old his training is certainly NOT trustworthy enough if he is not obeying you some of the time, however, that is pretty normal puppy behavior.
Wyatt... those stool eating deterrents only work if the dog is eating HIS OWN FECES... they will do nothing if he is eating cow poop, UNLESS someone feeds them to the cows since they work by making the stool distasteful to the dog.