My german shepherd dog is pregnant, and we do not know when the due date is. She is producing milk already.

her belly has dropped already. she is bred with our other shepherd.

Asked by Member 539532 on Dec 2nd 2007 in Pregnancy

Answers

www.dogster.com
I am studying to be a reputable breeder, so maybe I can help you. I think that when the milk is expressed you have something like 2 weeks...or was it a month? The best way to find out is to ask the vet. Although you can "get lucky" and find an answer from a professional on here, the 1st person that you should have asked was the vet.

Zoe Mae

Sounds like your girl is getting close. Do you know what days she was bred? It's approx 58-63days from the first breeding "TIE." If you do not know then it will be kind of hard to determine when the pups are going to arrive. You can start taking her temperature (Rectally) and chart it...it will be about 100 degrees or higher...once it drops to approx 98.7 or so, you have anywhere from 12-24 hours before the first puppy is whelped. NOW this technique works SOMETIMES, however, my female golden does not follow the temp guidelines...so I just have to watch her...for stop eating for about 24 hours, very anxious, digging in her whelping box, rearranging her blankets, just uneasy...then i watch for contractions and at this point DO NOT let her out to potty alone. Here is a great website with LOTS of good info www.debbiejensen.com good luck. Hope you have healthy babies and momma.
Amy (Golden Retriever Breeder 5+ years)

Zoe Mae answered on 12/12/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer