connie

My dogs tummy and feet get all red when she comes in from outside. What could this be? Is she in pain?

Asked by connie on Jul 15th 2012 in Allergies

Answers

Javi

What breed of dog you do have? If they are purebred, it could be allergies since they are prone. Even if they are not purebred, it probably just is grass allergies. My dog has the same problem. His paws become red and he licks them and bites them. His belly gets patchy with rashes if he's really into a grass activity (ball fetching).

My remedy is usually to rinse his paws in warm water (no shampoo). Then I take some cotton balls and a warm towel and wipe his belly.

Javi answered on 7/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Petri

It sounds like allergies. Keeping her paws and belly wiped off will help with any itching. If the areas get really red I'd recommend putting on topical spray when she comes inside. I personally love PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray because it is 100% Organic. It works really well at getting rid of redness, itchy spots, and pain. I hope this helps!

Petri answered on 7/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer