Kaya

My dog's tongue seems to have gotten really a deep red in the last day or so...otherwise she seems pretty normal.

Asked by Kaya on Oct 14th 2010 in Health & Wellness

Answers

That can be a sign of carbon monoxide poisoning. If you live somewhere where you have recently turned on your heating system I would certainly get it checked out!!! Perhaps your dog has just saved your life???

Jazzy

the gum/tongue color could mean she is fighting a systemic infection or she was exposed to a sort of toxin.

Jazzy answered on 10/14/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would take her to the vet. Jax had/has Ehrlichiosis and one of the symptoms was a really red tongue on occasion. It is a tick born disease. A simple blood test can tell if she has it or not. It could also be something else. She should really be checked out. Good Luck!