my dogs teeth/mouth hurt and she wont eat anything i give her. i dont know whats wrong and we cant take her to the vet.

Her name is nikki and she is 3. not for sure what breed she is but she wont eat anything hard and it worries me because her dog food is hrad food and i dont think she is eating it. It worries me. I tried giving her some of her dog food with water so its soft but she wouldnt take it. I dont know whats wrong

Asked by Member 1153639 on Feb 4th 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

She needs to go to the vet.

Scooter, PAWS

It may not even be her mouth or teeth if she's refusing food altogether. She may have other health issues going on. I would suggest you try to take her to a vet. At least for a consult to figure out what's going on.

Scooter, PAWS answered on 2/5/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kye

If this persists and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you can get her seen by a vet I would suggest surrendering her to a rescue or re-homing her to someone more capable of caring for her. It sounds harsh but I'm a firm believer in "if you cannot afford the vet, you cannot afford the pet" simply because things like this do happen and it is unfair to the dog to have to be in pain.

Kye answered on 2/7/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer