My dogs pupils are dilated. Does anyone know anything about it?

Asked by Member 819645 on Mar 25th 2009 Tagged eyes in Illness & Disease

Answers

I think you should take him to see a vet. He could have been poisoned or he could be having a seizure.

I would second the idea to take him to a vet.

Even if he has no other symptoms, this is something to have checked out immediately because there are simply so many reasons that could cause this and many of them are serious, time sensitive issues which need vet diagnosis.

HOWEVER, sometimes, owners notice their dog's eyes are dialated for the first time and think it's a new issue. When, in fact, its just that they happened to notice normal eye dilation that occurs with changing light conditions.

Obviously, if the dog's eyes are dilated in all kinds of light and the pupils never shrink or enlarge and say "fixed" then you most certainly have a serious issue that needs vet care.

Hope everything turns out okay.