my dogs paw pad is cut open and she is bleeding off andon what should i do i dont have money to have her seen rite now p

Asked by Member 567427 on Feb 7th 2008 Tagged pawpads in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!!

If it is just a surface wound then the above may work.But if it is into the meaty part of the pad then you are going to need to go to the Vet and have it sutured.
It's part of the responsibility of having pets.

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! answered on Feb 7th.

Answers

♥Tiffy♥

I know that they have like a liquid bandaid for dogs that you can buy from PetSmart or Petco. This should work for you.

♥Tiffy♥ answered on 2/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You really need to get her to a vet.

Even if the wound is superficial, using a liquid bandage solution could allow dirt and bacteria to be caught in the cut and cause an infection.

If you can borrow money to have her seen at the vet, then do that.

Otherwise, try calling your local animal shelter for advice and names of low cost vets or vets who will set up a payment plan for you so that you can afford to get her emergency treatment.

Unfortunately, nobody on Dogster Answers is going to be able to diagnose how serious of an injury your dog has.

Part of the responsiblity of owning a dog is to make sure that you can take care of them in an emergency. You need to do whatever it takes to get her the medical attention she needs.

Good luck to you. I know its hard sometimes, but I'm hoping you'll figure out a way to do the right thing.

Beethoven

Because dogs are walking with their paws, possibility of infection would be high. If it keeps on bleeding off and on, then something needs to be done. Some vets have credit that you can take out. I know the vca animal hospitals do. You can get approved right on the spot. It is a pet owners responsibility to take care of their pet. The pet can't pay it and they don't have a choice in the matter.

Beethoven answered on 2/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Fun On The Run Kennel Racing

Put triple anitibiotic ointment on it with a bootie or gauze covering over so she doesn't lick it off.

Fun On The Run Kennel Racing answered on 2/15/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer