Titan

My dogs black nose has started turning pink, is there something wrong?

My dog is an Alaskan malamute and over the last week the tip of his nose has started turning pink. I know of winter nose but were in the middle of summer right now. He has stainless steel dishes and doesn't spend to much time in the sun since he gets so hot.
Does anyone know what is causing this and should we bring him in?

Asked by Titan on Aug 19th 2013 Tagged pink, nose, colour, changing, worried in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Koby

Koby scraped his nose once and it was a little pink until it healed. Could it be that?

Koby answered on 8/19/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Winter nose is a result of declining length of daylight, already starting at this time of year. It is determined by light, not temperature. My yellow labs would normally start to get pink in a strip down the center in late August, early Setember.
Doesn't seem to matter if they are inside or not, natural daylight still gets less inside as well as outside, plus the angle of the sun, even at high noon, is less direct already.

He must have allergies or scratch on his nose.