Tootsie

my dog will lay down radomly and whine, moan. It is just one time but she will do it every so often. why does she do thi

she will come sit down near me in the kitchen or on the couch and let out a moan. I am worried she is sad or something. shes not in pain. and acts normal its almost like a sigh.

any one ever heard of a dog doing this

Asked by Tootsie on Feb 7th 2010 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Hector

You are probably right, it is probably a sigh. My oldest dogs does this many times a day. It sounds like a morbid moan, but he is just very vocal. He is stretching. Think about when you have a real good stretch yourself, sometimes you might let out a little moan, well we usually control it, but our vocal k-9's are just louder and are not concerned that someone may hear them. :o)

I don't know how long you have had her, but you will probably hear many sounds from her, as she sounds to a vocal dog, like my Hector. I swear sometimes he is trying to talk. :o)

Hector answered on 2/7/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My dog has done this a long time.
She lays there and then when she gets ready to snooze she moans and rolls.
It is soothing for her. Kind of like me when I yawn when I get sleepy.