My dog whine and bark after 15min of being left alone.

Hi,
My dog is whinning and barking when I leave the apartment. He is left alone in his crate. He does not start this behavior until about 15 min after I leave the apartment. I know this because I have a security camera and it records his activities while I'm gone. After about 20~30 min of whinning and barking, he does fall asleep. He gets enough exercise. I make sure that he is tired when I am leaving him alone. Please help. Thank you.

Asked by Member 1184687 on Aug 8th 2013 in Separation Anxiety

Answers

This is called separation anxiety. Maybe if he was not going to be in a crate all day, he would not cry. Is there any way you can let him be uncrated and see what happens? Or get him a friend so that he will not be lonely all day with nothing to do while you are away at work? ^_^