my dog went in my neighbor's yard they took to vet without me knowing now want money for bill do i have to pay?

Asked by Member 1157666 on Mar 2nd 2013 in Other Laws & Legislation

Answers

What was the physical condition that made them take your dog to the vet? If it were am emergency situation and I wasn't there to do it, I'm not sure i would mind provided they tried to contact me. If it was a routine medical visit, I would not pay because I already make those and my dog is current on all vaccinations. Basically, there's nothing wrong with her health. I'm not an attorney, so I don't know if you have to pay, but you should be responsible for providing regular and emergency health care for your dog. You can't fault someone else for taking your dog to the vet if it is sick or injured. You should also be responsible for securing the dog so it stays in your yard.