My dog was pinned in a barn and shot at a medical professional house what can I do?

The medical professional was home as her husband locked my dog in the barn. went and got his gun came back and shot me dog. The locked the doors so we could not save him. It is her duty to save lives and she helped kill one. and we tried to stop it but where not let in. Can we legally do anything?

Asked by Member 1058645 on Sep 24th 2011 in Animal Control

Answers

Yeah, you can call the police and tell them what happened. The sooner the better.

SNEAKERS

Given the way you structure your sentences, I don't think you are in the USA. Given that, there may be differences in the Law, within the area you are in.

In the US, killing an animal like that, is AGAINST THE LAW, a Felony in this instance, and t doesn't matter if one of the perpetrators is a Health Care Professional or not.

At this point, I think you're waisting your time though.

Do you have possession of the corpse ?
Can you produce any empirical evidence as to who actually shot the animal ?
Is there any pictorial evidence of this act ?
Is there any cooperative witness to this act ?
Have you reported this to your local Police or Humane Regulation authorities ?

If the answers to the above questions is no, then you just as well forget abut any legal reprisal.

I am very sory that you have lost your Dog.

SNEAKERS answered on 9/24/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

WHY was your dog in their barn??? Was it chasing or worrying their livestock or other farm animals??? If it was doing that, in MOST areas it is perfectly legal and well within their rights for them to shoot it on sight.
Only suggestion I have is to contact a legal professional and tell them everything and see what they advise.

Starbutt

It doesn't sound like this person was a vet and to haveher husband shoot the dog well this is not to be done. True in the USA this is considered crulty but sadly even if you can get all mentioned I feel the justice system is lacking they don't give heavy enough of fine or a manditory jail sentence which is not good I feel they shoud have the same as if this was a human.
Go to the cops go to the ASPCA (animal control) t3ell them what happened. Was there anything that was said as to why this was done? I also would of asked this. and were you the only one then and why did you take the dog to a house and not the office? need more on this.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 10/7/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer