my dog wants to go pee all the time,but when she does go out,it is only little dribbles when she does

Asked by Member 1019981 on Jan 20th 2011 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Alikazam

Is this a common occurrence or something new. If it's a puppy I would say she has you trained to take her out whenever she wants. Try to get her on a schedule by limiting the number of times she goes and teach her a command like "go potty" or "do your business". That way she will learn to go when you what her to go. If it's an older dog and this is a new thing it could be physical. Bladder infection,kidney stones etc. Take her to the vet for a check up.

Alikazam answered on 1/20/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Atreyu

My previous dog had this same issue, when he was 3 years old and again when he was 7, took him to the vet and we found out he had bladder stones. It depends on what kind of stones they are (what mineral they are made out of) for what protocol the vet will do. Or could also be a bladder infection (have gone through that with my cat). Important to get this checked out as soon as possible if the dog is unable to eliminate properly, as the urine can back up in their system and make them seriously ill. Hope this is helpful! Simply going from my own experiences. :o)

Atreyu answered on 1/20/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

that sounds like a medical problem like stones. Have your vet check her for stones and tell him about the problem. It could get worse and cause her great pain. I had two friends that had that.
It was their diets, that were causing stones and crystals in their bladder.

Sounds like a urinary tract infection. Having had them, I can tell you they're quite painful and can spread to the kidneys. Other issues, like blockages or stones, could be indicated. These don't go away on their own and it's important to consult your vet.