My dog started with a scratch on the right side of her face and it has now gotten worse please help me!

On my dogs face there was a scratch in the shape of a circle. We just thought she scratched herself but now a couple days later it has gotten worse. It has gotten bigger and now she is losing hair on her right side where the scratch first started. Also her face is swollen and her eye is shut. She is also having discharge from her ear. We think she might have gotten bit from are other dog but we're not sure. Please help! She is a Lab mix and is 3 years old.

Asked by Member 1106014 on Apr 15th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

She needs to go to the vet!

Carter

Yes. vet! my friend had a room mate that had a similar problem and i had done some research for her since she didnt have a computer and i found that not only can humans get ringworm but so can dogs and for the dogs its in a shape of a circle with no hair in that area. It could be other things as well so i would see a vet.

Carter answered on 4/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

This sounds more like an infection and not a case of ringworm, which would only be a hairless patch with some redness.
Most likely there is an abcess and this needs to be taken care of ASAP, I would get her to your vet immediately or even visit an emergency clinic if you cannot get into your veterinarian today, since there is already involvement with her ear and her eye. It is likely this infection will enter her brain without immediate veterinary treatment, and that would most probably be fatal.