My dog sometimes gets out of her bed to lay on the floor for a few minutes and then back into her bed. Why?

My seven year old female Manchester Chihuahua loves her dog bed, but I've noticed every so often that she would get out of her bed just to lay on the floor in front of her bed. She always seems to lay on her side stretched out and she stays like this for a few minutes, then gets back into her bed. Is she just stretching or is her body aching possibly?
She loves her bed and sleeps in her bed in every position she possibly can. I never see her struggle in her bed unless her blanket is scrunched up, which I then straighten it out for her.

Asked by Member 1151929 on Jan 25th 2013 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

She could have body aches, but she might just get hot and use the floor to cool off. If she's not displaying any other pain symptoms, I wouldn't worry too much.