My dog shakes & pants when riding in the car what can I do?

Asked by Member 564351 on Nov 10th 2008 Tagged dogsfraid in Behavior & Training

Best Answer

Oliver

Our Rottweiler used to get both anxious and car sick. We found some pills called "Calm-eeze" at petsmart and they worked great at reducing his anxiety enough to get him to law down and stop panting and the shaking.

Oliver answered on Nov 10th.

Answers

Sadie

I think a lot of dogs do that, I know all 3 of mine do. It's funny because some dogs love car rides and some hate it. Hy husband thinks that our dogs hate it because they associate it with a trip to the Vet.

My only suggestion would be to keep trying short trips and maybe eventually even if they don't like it they will at least get used to it.

Good Luck!! :)

Sadie answered on 11/10/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Another usefull thing to use is go to your natural health food store and buy a bottle of Rescue Remedy its a bach flower remedy its totally safe you can not overdose your dog on it

BUDDY

My dog pants if the windows are all the way up, even if the AC is blasting. He settles down fine if the windows are cracked a little. Kind of annoying when its cold but he's much more comfortable.

BUDDY answered on 11/11/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer