My dog scooby keeps on itching till he bleeds he is a rat terrior

Bits his back till he bleeds money is real tight so the vet is really hard to come by. He is a rat terrior and he is itching all the time never stops, the vet had said he is allergic to ragweed we cut it down he is still itching. I need a way to stop him before all his white brown fur comes of and he starts looking like a naked mole rat. I just need a cheap but long lasting affect to stop this itching. Thank you

Asked by Member 1145431 on Dec 16th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Spanky

Climate, Diet, Allergies. One or all three.

Get a medicated shampoo for dry skin and figure out his weight for some Benadryl Children sized. Break in half etc. One dose per day. Start dose under weight size. If unsure call a local vet and explain what you wanna do.

They all immediately want to 'make an appt.' thinking Obama has not crushed the economy.

Spanky answered on 12/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Well unfortunately we are not psychic nor can we see your dog to figure what is wrong. Only your vet can do a proper diagnosis. You could sell things to get some money, do some odd jobs, apply for care credit...etc.. There could be different things wrong, not just what spanky said..

Sorry

Try apple cider vinegar. Fill it in a bottle and spray it over the areas he's been scratching at. To prevent him scratching or mouthing at the wounds, you can buy an E collar for him.

My Precious Angel   Aregon

All those answers were really spot on, I wanted to add though, that fish oil gel caps can be given to him for itchiness of skin when its just dryness or allergies. My vet recommended them for my dogs and it's starting to work after only about a week. I also use mane and tail conditioner on them after their shampoo. Olive oil rubbed on helps a bit also and is NOT harmful at all.

My Precious Angel Aregon answered on 12/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Petri

You might try using PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. It is 100% Organic, Non Toxic, and is amazing at helping with itchy spots/dry skin/bumps/etc. I use it for everything! You can spray it all over his body and any area that is red or irritated from scratching or is dry and flaky. I find it to work really well! They also make a Puppy Suds shampoo that will help moisturize and help with the itching. I hope this helps; highly recommend them!

Petri answered on 12/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer