Marley

,my dog recently has been breathing through her mouth allot lately, not panting, and has her tongue out a bit.

She has been breathing with her mouth open with her tongue
sticking out a little. she is not panting and sleeps fine. should I take her to the vet? is it possible that she swallowed something? yesterday she got up and she yelped when we weren't even near her. I am not sure about that either. we also gave her a new treat that had charcoal in it to help her breath. I checked her nose body movement teeth behaviours and it seems fine accept for the random yelp and her open mouth breathing. I hope it is nothing serious.

Asked by Marley on Nov 8th 2013 Tagged breathingthroughmouthhealthquestion in Health & Wellness

Answers

Stop the new treat and try a Greenie instead, they have chloryphyll to naturally help with breath. I don't think charcoal is something that dogs would eat by choice?- it's in cat litter as an odor-absorber! There are also homeopathic drops that you can put in her water like HomeoPet's nose relief. I think it works when one of mine has a cold and I use it, and I've had the same bottle for years. If these things do not work, then yes, I would bring her in for a check-up. ^_^