MY DOG PEES WHILE LAYING DOWN & OR SLEEPING SHE IS 9 - I DON'T THINK SHE KNOWS THIS IS HAPPENING - OTHERWISE GREAT DOG!!

Asked by Member 704828 on Aug 14th 2008 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

This is either a UTI [Urinary tract infection] or incontience. The only way to find out which one is to take a vet visit. Bring a urine sample from your dog.
They will test it and will be able to tell you what the problem is. Believe me, I know. My dog has had 2 UTIs and recently got incontinence. If it's a UTI, there's medicine to cure it. If it's incontinence, there's medicine to help reduce it.

Cody

I dogsit for a family and they have a great dog, but everytime I came into their yard she would get sooo excited she would start peeing. She has now grow out of it. Yay! Maybe your dog will grow out of it too.

Cody answered on 8/14/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sounds like spay incontinence. Go to the vet and make sure it's not just a UTI... if it's spay incontinence they may prescribe something like Proin.