My dog pees all the time,

He is a 1 year old Pomeranian and has always been this way. He wants to go outside at least once an hour sometimes more. It probably wouldnt bother me but I'm in an apartment and it gets really tiring. If we dont take him out right away he just pees on the carpet. He will hold it in his crate but nowhere else. I think there is something wrong with him but I figure one of the vets would have noticed something the other times we went.....like I said he has always done this. any ideas?

Asked by Member 775979 on Dec 3rd 2008 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

A UTI is very possible, or something else going on with his bladder, which wouldn't have been something a vet would have noticed unless you mentioned something. Your vet can't see that your dog pees a lot, and unless you tell him, he isn't going to look for it. You should take him back for a visit - it isn't normal for him to want to go that much.

Try the prescription drug "Proin". I was told about it years ago, and have been giving it to my poodle {crushed in her food} ever since. She'd literally pee in her sleep. If I forget to give it to her, she'll leak like before. Good luck!

My dog is the same way. She pees constantly. She has had a few uti's and crystals too but she is pretty cleared up now and still peeing 1 time per hour and sometimes 2-6 times an hour. However, she will hold it in her crate. I told my vet they even did exploratory surgery on her. Nothing is wrong with her. We tried perscription dog food, antibiotics and acidifiers. I am totally frustrated. She knows she has to go out but if I don't let her out immediately she pees by the door.
I was wondering if you figured out what was wrong with your dog. If so let me know. I just started her on a grain free diet because I know that is what is good for a dog with reoccuring uti's.
Please let me know if you found a solution. I am so desperate. HELP!!!!!