Roxy

My dog only urinates once a day, is this normal?

My dog lately has started to urinate only 1x a day. She also has started to vomit in the morning. I've noticed that she seems a bit thinner and she's very lethargic. She was never exactly an energetic dog but lately she just lies outside on the porch in her chair most of the day. I'm really worried. I'm going to call a vet tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone had a similiar experience?

Asked by Roxy on May 1st 2008 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels

I am sorry your baby is not feeling well. I have not had a similar experience, just wanted to say you are a cutie and we sure hope you feel better soon!! Keep us posted please!

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels answered on 5/1/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

MoJo

Sorry to hear that Roxy isn't feeling well. I'd be concerned and would recommend a visit or at least a call to your vet's office. Hopefully it isn't anything serious.Keep us posted. :*)

MoJo answered on 5/1/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I'm sorry, too. It certainly sounds like something is going on with Roxy, but it is hard to say exactly what. I think your vet will be able to figure things out, either with a physical exam or blood tests. Insist on blood tests or a full blood panel, since that is the most definitive way of figuring out what might be going on with her.

You're right to be concerned that this is not normal, especially if the lack of urination has just started and she's not been like this since you've had her. Usually, dogs urinate many times in a day and vomiting, while sometimes having harmless reasons, is also a symptom of illness in conjunction with losing weight and less urination.

She could be dehydrated, from vomiting, so try and get her to drink or lick a few pieces of ice between now and when you can get her in to the vet.

Best of luck, I hope she's better. It could be something really easily fixed once you sort it out. Please come back and give us an update.

I would go to the vet, this sounds like what went on with my Princess before she passed. Yeah that sounds just like before she went into Kidney Failure. Get to the vet. I don't want to scare you but I ended up having to put Princess down, but honestly she was at a point we knew it was coming and I couldn't let her suffer, ofcourse she didn't have another day in her. Now given I don't know how old your dog is, the prognosis might be better but please I do urge you to go to the vet ASAP. Princess was 14 but it can happen to younger dogs. Just get checked out it may just be a severe UTI (Urinary Track Infection. Hope I didn't scare you too much but I just don't want you to have to go through the same thing if it all can be prevented. Don't mean to be all doom and gloom. Good Luck