My dog likes to ruin his beds. He scratches and digs on anything I give him for bedding. Winter is coming,he needs warm

He will be spending the winter outside during the day. He always ruins anything soft, so I haven't given him anything for awhile. Is there a way to break him of this?

Asked by Member 1195648 on Oct 22nd 2013 Tagged bed, ruin, outside in Behavior & Training

Answers

He should have a doghouse outside to avoid the elements. There are dog mats that are self heating, and some that are electric that you can try. Also try old towels, blankets and things that you would otherwise throw away, so it doesn't matter if he ruins them. You can get him a sweater to wear too, the thickness depending on natural fur warmth. Depending on how cold it gets and how ingrained the behavior is, you may be able to change his shredding actions in time. ^_^