My dog lately when I walk him keeps randomly lifting his left paw, he will walk fine then lift it in a hop.

I checked his paw, nails and even his leg. He runs and plays. Only does that when he walks. Any ideas?

Asked by Member 1188392 on Sep 3rd 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

If your dog is older, this becomes more common. Chances are he has a thorn, splinter etc. in there somewhere that is bothering him, or he could have pulled a muscle. If the dog keeps on doing it, it is because it hurts to put that leg down, and you need to find out why. Feel-test that paw and leg thoroughly. If you can't find anything, it's time to bring him in for a professional look. If you take your dog to the groomer, they can possible find if it is a burr and take it out for you if they find anything. ^_^