My dog last week came to me, and I looked at his leg(right quarter) and it was not swollen that much, but he cant put an

My dog last week came to me, and I looked at his leg(right quarter) and it was not swollen that much, but he cant put an ounce of pressure on it. he get around ok on 1 leg but makes me sick. I wish I had the money to get him to the vet! I'm on disability so.. Puss and flaky skin is appearing too. On the right quarter leg part is a large round swelling i guess. but he is losing hair from there and its spreading towards his neck. Help please

Asked by Member 1140864 on Nov 15th 2012 Tagged f, a, l, c, o in Health & Wellness

Answers

You need to get him to the vet, ASAP! Sounds like he has an infection. Some vets take payments or you can try Care Credit. This isn't something that can wait. Good Luck!

I agree , if it is spreading, this is not a good sign. See if there is anything you can do to set up payments or even do some work, like cleaning at the vet office, in exchange for vet service.

Leo

If there's puss and the leg can't bear weight, he needs to go to a vet. I understand financial concerns, but this could be life and death for your dog, so if you love him you'll make it work.

Many vets understand people can't afford pet medical bills and are willing to work out payment plans with people and sometimes even reduce their rates as well. Call around to your local vets, explain your situation, and try to identify what clinics are willing to work with your financial constraints... but if you care for your dog, absolutely take him to a vet as soon as is humanly (humanely, really) possible. Put yourself in his skin and ask if you'd like to have to live in constant pain to save someone some money.

Leo answered on 11/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer