my dog keeps coughing and vomiting periodically,wondering if there's any good home remedies?she's still eating and drink

My german shepard is 13 years old. About 2 weeks ago she started to cough(really wrenching herself) and vomiting. I took her to the vet and she had a fever and pain in lower stomach area. We put her on antibiotics and she's kind of feeling like her usual self majority of the time but she's still coughing and vomiting, not as bad as it was though. She's eating and drinking water still, it's weird cause it seems to act up more at night. I just feel really bad for my girl, I know she's exhausted. What can I do or give her to help her?

Asked by Member 759258 on Oct 26th 2008 Tagged olderdogcoughingandvomitingbutstilleatinganddrinking in Answers

Answers

Sometimes you can use a home cure, sometimes you can't. This case you need the vet. Best of luck.

Sadie

I don't have an answer but I am an asthmatic and I am not sure if dogs are like humans but I always get worse at night and sometimes I cough so much I vomit. This is just a suggestion though. Do you ever notice if she has problems breathing or coughs after running etc? I do know that dogs have asthma, but I don't know if that is what your dog is experiencing. I would get back with your vet and let them know what is happening,

Sadie answered on 10/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Benny

She could have an upper respitory infection and it can lead to pnumeonia. Please take her to the vet.
Thanks,

Bennyman & mom

Benny answered on 11/9/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My dog was doing the same thing for the last six months I spent 1500.00 at the vet they told me it was heart problems. I knew it wasn't, it turned out it was the hardwood floor cleaners and Mr clean floor cleaners.
I moped the floors with plain water two weeks ago and he has not coughed once. the vet had me believing he was going to need all of this treatment. all I needed was clean water.