My dog keeps coughing
My terrier x has been to the vets twice now as hes started coking,coughing he was given steroids and antibiotics wich cleared it up .But has now started again,He eats well and still is full of energy .The vet said it was a throat infection should this come back after only 3 weeks ?
- Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!
Hello Jeff -Glad you did see your vet - sounds like it is a virus... Antibiotics will not help a virus..
Here is some help for you ; to Strengthen your immune system : all Natural - no drugs:
1. Add 250 Vitamin C (ESTER C only ) - give 1 per day ( long term ) hide in wet food or hide in some cheese...
2. Call and order some Natural Allergy Wafer supplements : NuVET Plus - they sell a powder or wafer : Excellent and guaranteed to work:
1-800-474-7044 ( Tell them Pet Nurse Marie Peppers and Miss Priss sent you...)
3. Add some Vitamin E to your diet - just (1) of a 50 IU vit E per day - this is a very Small dosage - do this for 30 days or more.
( this is a cat dosage)
4. Robitussin DM - many vets do offer the dogs some Robitussin for cough... at night if the cough is bad -
dosage is : *( Ask your vet if this is ok)
Give Vicks 44 or Robitussin DM at 1 tsp. per 20 pounds daily.
A dog of 40 lbs could have 2 tsp per night..
Miss Priss answered on 5/20/09. Helpful? / 0
If you don't feel it is what he says it is then you can get a second opinion.
The antibotics alone should of cleared it up.
Maybe it is not a throat infection. I would go back.
Maybe it is not what it is.
Dieta answered on 5/20/09. Helpful? / 0