my dog keep throwing up for days and hasent eaten.She just drinks then throws up in a minute will not even eat ice cream

Asked by Member 613886 on Mar 29th 2008 in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

Any time a dog has been throwing up for more than even a few hours, it should be considered time to go to the vet. Even more so if this is a dog under 12 months old.

Dogs don't throw up for no reason, and they can become severely and dangerously dehydrated from just a few hours of vomiting, let alone a few days.

Your dog is SERIOUSLY ILL and you need to take her to the vet immediately so that she can get diagnosed and treated. The cause might be very simple and no big deal, but by letting it go on for days like this, she is in real danger of being in serious condition.

Ice cream is NOT something you want to give an ill dog, so please take her to the vet where she can get real care instead of tempting her with foods that will make her even sicker than she is now.

Reasons for vomiting like this can include distemper, parasistes, bacterial infection, or a foreign object in the throat or stomach.

Jack answered on Mar 29th.

Answers

Dudley

Persistant vomiting is something you need to bring up with a vet as it is most likely being caused by something that needs treatment.
Stop giving her water, she will just vomit it up, continuing to give her food/water will not make the situation better. Seek Vet asasp.

Why Icecream?

shakes head.

Good Luck!, hope she Gets Well Soon

Dudley answered on 3/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Moxie

Get the dog to a vet.

Moxie answered on 3/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

you need to take your dog to the vet because your dog could die!

All the other answers are 110% correct. If you cannot afford to take to the vet, she would really be better off if you gave her to a caring person/family who can.

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels

My goodness!! Take your dog to the vet, you cannot do anything for him at home...this requires medical attention.

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels answered on 3/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Get your dog to the Vet ASAP! It could be many things. Whenever a dog/cat can't eat and/or drink, don't mess around. Might be a virus like distemper (is she up to date on shots?), a blockage (from something she ate outside or in, like a shoe,ball,etc.), a poison plant outside or inside, only a vet can tell you.
My dog ate some small gravel outside that was on her toys and she had a blockage, and years ago my Dobe got food poisioning from a can of dog food. She is going to get (if not already!!) dehydrated and she will die. I would try to get her to drink chicken or beef broth and don't wait around. She can live longer without food but fluid is a must!If you don't have the funds to take her to a vet, call you Humane Society. Please don't wait. (I work in the medical field.) All the Best to you and your Dog,
Citadog

Snoopy (07-08)

If your dog hasnt had her shots and is pretty young then it could be really seriuos. My 2 month old baby boy, Snoopy< had the same semptems and had to be put down. He had Parvovirus. I definatly say take her to the vet. It is expensive put you cant put a price on a beutiful puppies life!!!

Snoopy (07-08) answered on 3/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rocky

why would you give your dog ice cream?

Rocky answered on 3/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

R.I.P.Jewell Rose VonRueSki

I agree with "Take your dog to the vet!".I, also became very ill when I was around 5 years old and my vet(Larry at Annabessacook) said it could have been a number of reason's,including getting some object lodged but my parents had changed my dog food,from my norm of Pedigree to Walmart's Ole Roy and BINGO... after an xray & some blood work, and finding nothing,my vet said I had a "rich" taste for higher quality food and to take me home, and to have Mom boil some hamburg & rice together and start me with that first,then give me my normal Pedigree but not until I began holding down the rice & hamburg mixture.

R.I.P.Jewell Rose VonRueSki answered on 3/30/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would be willing to bet that your dog is experiencing kidney problems. My dog went through this same thing and she went into complete renal failure within a week. Take him to the vet right away. Don't wait. maybe your dog can be saved. Mine could not.