Guest

My dog just ate a whole pack of gum, she is pretty small. what should i do?


Asked by Member 995017 on Jun 30th 2010 in Other Health & Wellness
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Brutus

Get her to a vet quickly, especially if the gum was sugarless. Sugarless gum contains and ingredient called Xylitol which is very poisonous to dogs. Whether it was sugarless or not, your dog needs to see a vet as soon as possible to make sure she is okay.


Brutus answered on 6/30/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer


Aster

If it didn't have Xylitol or other artificial, I am not sure you need to panic. If it had Xylitol, get vet care immediately whatever you have to do. If there is no way you can get a vet, give her a teaspoon peroxide. If she doesn't vomit in 15 minutes, try another. Do so only if you absolutely can't find a vet.


Aster answered on 6/30/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Wyatt

My dog has eaten packs of Orbit gum before, but he is 701bs. No issues... just passed it.


Wyatt answered on 7/1/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Guest

U NEED 2 GET HER 2 A VET IMMEDIENTLY ECSPECIALY IF THE GUM IS SUGARLESS WHICH MOST GUM IS THESE DAYS AND IF SHE IS SMALL THAT JUST MAKES IT WORSE HOPE EVERYTHING GOES ALRIGHT 4 U
~BEST WISHES


Member 995499 answered on 7/3/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Lily Alexis

My 50 pound dog has eaten a pack of gum about 3 times now throughout the course of her five years, and it has always been sugarless. I watched her closely for signs of blockage, and talked to my veterinarian about it. The Vet said she was fine as long as she continued to eat normally and wasn't constipated.
I'm not saying you shouldn't take her to the vet, but don't panic as long as she isn't acting weird.


Lily Alexis answered on 7/9/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer