Mister 'Bo' Jangles

My dog is vomiting, first bile and now stool!

My dog started vomiting early this am. It started out as liquid green with chucks of food and bile. Then he vomited a large amount of stool. It smelled like stool and was a little thicker than diarrhea.
After that he seemed fine. My DH tooked him for walk and he had a normal bowel movement. He is acting fine now. But every once in a while he does a deep swollow, almost like a hicup but it isn't.
Any comments on what happened? and why? I thought bowel obstruction, but then he had a BM.
If it happens again I will take him to ER.
Thanks.

Asked by Mister 'Bo' Jangles on Oct 12th 2008 Tagged vomit, bile, stool, vomitingstool in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

Chi-Chi

Most dogs vomit on occasion and most of the time it isn't anything serious no mattter if it's green, yellow, bile, or stool. It's kinda like when they do the reverse sneeze, it seems bad, but it sn't. If it persists for days then that's a different story. Here is an article, I hope it helps.

www.dog

Chi-Chi answered on Oct 12th.

Answers

The Wee Beasties

Is it possible that he ate poop and was vomiting that up? Our dogs routinely eat cat poop (neighbor's cat gets in our back yard) and it makes them sick like that. Since it can give them an infection, we usually take them into the vet for antibiotics and some anti-nausea meds. They also put them on bland diet of boiled chicken and rice for a few days.

Hope he's ok.

The Wee Beasties answered on 10/12/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer