My dog is pooping all over herself---- does this mean she has a cold or something?

my standard poodle has been pooping on herself and its getting irritating, ummm shes done it like 3 times this week and i was just wondering if it is a sign of a illness/ cold.

Asked by Member 761872 on Nov 1st 2008 in Illness & Disease

Answers

Gee, I hope nobody ever gets irritated with you for being sick.
Chances are if her behavior changes to that extreme, then yes, she's probably sick. Is it diarrhea or just normal poop? If its diarrhea, get her to a vet.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 11/1/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree....at this point, if she were my dog, I'd be concerned not irritated.

Depending on what she's doing exactly, she could have a serious illness.

I would take her the vet as soon as possible for a physical check up and let the vet know what her symptoms are.

You don't mention the circumstances around her accidents....diarrhea could be one issue. She could also have an internal injury or disorder that is causing her to not be able to hold it like normal.

Any time your dog behaves in a way that is abnormal for them or that goes against what you think is normal behavior for them, you should be concerned enough to consult a vet.

What exactly do you mean? Has she been pooping while laying or sitting down or at any time that she normally wouldn't or did she just get it caught in the hair around her behind?
If she's pooping while laying or sitting down, you need to take her to the vet. If it's just getting caught in the fur around her behind, you just need to clip the fur around her anus and down.

Sadie

Your dog is obviously ill and can't help herself. Please be a little more patient and kind. She may really be feeling lousy and she needs you to love her and provide her with compassion and medical attention. Why would you be irrated with her if she can't help herself, you need to be concerned instead. Please take her to your Vet on Monday and possibly get a stool sample that they may need. Good Luck!

Sadie answered on 11/1/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I am sure your dog is irritated with you because she is sick & you haven't taken her to the vet yet!
Geesh!
YES SHE IS ILL!...TAKE HER TO THE VET!!!!!