My dog is not walking on his left hind leg and we dont know what it could be?

My dog's xrays come back with a cloudy knee area and hips and bones are fine. He is a 2 year old yellow lab. He has not been walking on the leg for about a month now. There is a fungal infection going around our area where we live so the vet thought it would be that. The Vet took lab work twice for the fungal infection and both came back negative. The Vet now wants to refer us to an orthopedic specialist as they do not know what it is and suggested we may want to do a biopsy. I don't have a lot of money for it and am looking for advice in the meantime. Can anyone help?

Asked by Member 985382 on May 5th 2010 Tagged xrayskneecloudylimping in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I'm sorry I don't have a good answer for this. I really don't know what could be going on, though from what you say, that knee area seems to be the most suspect.

But I did want to encourage you to post this question in Dogster forums. You will likely get a much better response there from people who know more about this sort of thing or have gone through similar ailments with their dogs.

Good luck, I hope you can get an idea of what this is and that he's feeling better soon.

Have you tried massaging the area? A great product you can use is PETfection Joint Massage Oil. You dump a little in your hands then rub his entire leg and hip. The oils absorb in and reduce inflammation of the area (whether it be a joint issue or muscle issue). I used it on my dog after he pulled or twisted his leg wrong and after a few days of massaging twice a day he was running around like crazy again. If he does have some type of infection too, the essential oils in it will help combat it as well. Check it out at www.mypetfection.com. hope this helps!