My dog is not acting herself, behavior I have not seen, please help!!!!

I am worried about my 5 year old chiuauaua sorry if spelled wrong, anyways she is a great little dog, but the last few days she is not herself, like I go to pet her anywhere from head to toe and she will whine like she is being hit, then today out of the blue we went to pet her back and she snapped at us?? She has never ever done this, so I lay her on her back feel her tummy, and stretch her legs and she don't cry at all, I felt inside her mouth to see if any teeth were causing a problem, she didn't cry or whine at all, she only does this when you go to play with her or pat her??? What's going on?? My dog has never ever did this? She is spoiled like a child, she don't try to leave home, just whines when try to play or pat her butt, can anyone help out please? Thank you very much!! She is my baby and spoiled like crazy!!!

Asked by Member 1134234 on Oct 4th 2012 Tagged whining, snapped, whines, chiuauaua, yearsold, she, pet in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

I would start with a vet check. It sounds like physical pain. Could she have jumped off something? It could also be a thyroid problem. Something else your vet can check. Good luck,

Do you think she might have hurt herself on her back? Generally, if a dog has behavioral changes, you should have a vet check them out. Pain can make them act aggressive when they usually don't behave like that. If there is nothing wrong, then she may be asserting herself, which means you may need to set more boundaries. It's really easy to spoil small dogs and there is nothing wrong with it as long as you don't let her take advantage of you. Good Luck with her!

Wiley is right, it can be thyroid problem. But then only a vet can diagnose that after some tests. Any other possibility can be that she has hurt herself and suffering from some physical pain. In both cases you have to take her to a vet.

No idea what might be causing the problem, but she sounds like she hurts and she needs a vet. When you notice something's not right, you have to advocate for your pet. No one knows her better than you do, so it would be good to trust your instincts.