My dog is losing weight fast but he's eating what could cause it?

Hey, I have a pug mixs. He's about one haft years old. He losing weight fast. He skin and bones, I'm really worried about him. I been feeding him a bowl of dry dog food and a can of soft food a day. I'm I not feeding him right or do I need to take him to the vet. Please help!

Asked by Member 1067823 on Nov 1st 2011 in Food & Nutrition

Best Answer

If this is a sudden change, then he absolutely should see a vet. There could be many causes of weight loss..from worms to thyroid to organ issues & many, many others. Only your vet can tell you for sure what is going on & the best course of treatment. Good luck

answered on Nov 1st.

Answers

This just happened with one of our dogs. He had pancreatitis. It's very serious, so I hope you have taken your dog to the vet by now.