My dog is licking the whole floor and vomiting. What is wrong with her?

This all started last night around 11pm or so (according to my wife). Shiloh, our 7 1/2 month old Shepherd/Sheltie mix would eat stuffing(cotton) from her toys and lick the floor of the entire apartment (not normal).... then vomit. She (my wife) brought her (Shiloh) out, and where she would munch on some grass. My wife didn't want her to get an upset belly (I think that works the other way) so she pulled her of off the grass.

Tonight, she did the same thing, and vomited like 3-4 more times. I did some web searching, and a multitude of things came up. They ranged from; her stomach is already upset to seizure activity to there may be something on the floor that attracts her but is making her sick.

The only thing different that we have been using is this new all purpose cleaner...

Ingredients:
Water, Vinegar, Pure Plant Essential Oils(Tea tree, Lavender, Rosemary, Lemongrass)

What's going on? Did I poison my dog? What to do... we have a vet appointment next week.

Asked by Member 1035222 on Sep 8th 2011 Tagged excessivelicking, vomiting, eating, poisoned, allergicreaction in Illness & Disease

Answers

Did you consider that the toy stuffing might have caused a blockage and she's vomiting to try to bring it up?

If she's still vomiting today, something is really wrong. Please see if you can get an appointment ASAP, or go to the emergency vet (there must be one near you... call your regular vet if you don't know where.)

Kona

My 7 year old F Border Collie does this randomly with no explanation. She starts licking the floor, carpet or anything she is in contact with. Vet says put her in her crate and give her a small dose of Pepto Bismol. This has worked famously well. Outside she frantically eats grass but never vomits. I'm actually happy to hear that I'm not the only pet owner to have experienced this issue.

Kona answered on 9/9/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer