my dog is getting big lumps of fluid around his sides,chest,and below his ears. has anyone else had this problem. the ve

the lumps are very large and full of fluid

Asked by Member 922359 on Nov 24th 2009 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Actually, yes, I am having a similar problem. Except my dog has a bunch of fatty tumors, two of which in the past few months have had scabs on them which are filled with puss, blood (in the latest case), and other bodily fluids. The best option is to call your vet and ask for advice, and whether you should bring the dog in or not.

It sounds like this can be either a gland problem OR a heart problem causing the fluid to be retained.
By all means get this guy to a vet immediately. Good luck!

no, I think you should take him to the vet.
Excessive fluid is never a good sign.
It looks like your question was cut off.
Looks like you might of went to the vet already.?
If you are in doubt of what one vet says you can always go to another place and get their opinion.
Especially if you see no improvement if they gave you meds.

Ty

I have had something like you are talking about. if you have not been to the vet , i would have them checked out and it may just be nothing to worry about or it may be needed to be drained.

Ty answered on 11/25/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer