my dog is drinking more water than usual, has lost weight, and in general just seems to not feel well. she has lost inte

Asked by Member 925457 on Nov 30th 2009 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Your question was cut off, but you need to get her to the vet immediately.

These are symptoms of a lot of different issues, so it could be a lot of things. But most of the time, unexplained weight loss and "not feeling well" are serious symptoms that need to be diagnosed by a vet.

The excess water drinking could be diabetes, or another kind of endocrine system disorder, but again, it could be any number of things. Cancer or tumors are often causes of unexplained weight loss. But if she's feeling bad, she might not be eating properly. It really could be any number of things.

What's it's not is nothing. That much I can tell you for sure, so please take her to a vet as soon as you can (like, tomorrow.)

The sooner you get her in, the better shot she has at a recovery. The longer you wait, the worse her chances, and the longer she suffers.

Good luck. Hope she's better soon.

Hi guest. Your question was cut off, but if your dog is losing weight, drinking more water & lost interest in fave things GO TO THE VET ASAP!

Your dog is showing a lot of the symptoms of diabetes. Increased water intake (she is probably urinating more freguently), weight loss, and she's lethragic. If her blood sugar is high her breathe might smell sweet and if it's low she may shiver. My Aunt's dog had diabetes and with proper diet and insulin he enjoyed a wonderful life.
A vet visit is defiately in order for your girl. You need to find out what's going on and get medical treatment to make her feel better.
All my best.

Yes, I also say the vet is the best choice for your dog that is all bad signs something is going on.
I do hope your dog gets to feeling better soon.

Yea, something is not right here. Better get him to the vet soon.

My dog had this issue going on for awhile and didn't think much of her drinking a lot of water. Took her to the vet and she was having severe kidney issues. She was put medications and it seemed to help her out. Well she was still drinking a lot of water and then just laying around and not wanting to do much and developed a cough several months later after being seen for her kidneys. Took her back to the vet and found out she had full blown lung cancer. My advise is go to the vet ASAP and get in control of this as soon as you can. It may save your dogs life.

Maverick

As others said I would also agree that I would take your dog to the vet for a check up as soon as you can. I did this, and mom took me in and I had some kidney issues that could have progressed if they wouldn't have been taken care of quickly.

I hope he feels better soon.

Maverick answered on 12/5/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer