My dog is constipated he can barely walk what can i do for him and what kind of food should I be feeding him

Asked by Member 347350 on May 12th 2010 Tagged hestillisahappydog in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

You need to take him to a vet.

Dogs don't usually get constipated. It does happen with certain medical conditions, but there's also the chance that he's got a blockage which is highly life-threatening and must be ruled out.

This isn't something you can treat on your own at home. You need a definitive diagnosis from the vet as to why he's having this severe problem.

Make an appointment for today, it's very urgent that he be seen.

Good luck with him, I hope you will come back and update on his condition.

Buckeye

I agree with Jack all the way. If he can barely walk, then he needs to see a vet as soon as possible. They may give him a certain medicine or food that he will have to eat. Good luck and please see a vet soon!

Buckeye answered on 5/12/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Yes, see the vet. Most dog foods are fine as long as you stick to them and not adding a bunch of other junk. You will not fix constipation by changing food.