My dog is breathing through his mouth, and is listless, and has lots of slimy saliva in his mouth.

I took him to the emergency vet today, and they said he has a "neuropathy" of the mouth and should be ok without treatment in 2-4 weeks! Anyone heard of this? He is 8 yrs old, mini schnauzer, and has been otherwise very healthy. He just sits around breathing through his mouth, and seems to be ill. They checked him thoroughly, but I wonder if there's something else going on.

Asked by Member 539567 on Dec 2nd 2007 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Kaiden *aka BOO*, PAWS

I found some answers for you here. Please click on the link. If it sounds just like what your dog is going through then I would say the vet made a good diagnosis. If not, I'd consult another vet for a second opinion.

www.vetcontact.com

Kaiden *aka BOO*, PAWS answered on 12/2/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer