My dog is bound up.What can I give her to losen her up??

Asked by Member 1039814 on Jul 5th 2011 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I would call the vet. there are many home remedies out there but the vet is my first choice, there has to be a reason for the problem, did the dog eat something that it shouldn't have? the vet might want to take x-rays.

Depends on how bad it is. If she hasn't pooped for DAYS, then yes, I would take her to the vet. If it's just that her poop is very hard (but she's still doing it daily) then I would make sure she's drinking lots of water, serve her food with water on it like a soup (or switch to canned, which contains more water) and try to get more fiber in her diet. A spoonful per day of unsweetened canned pumpkin can work wonders. Other people use wheat bran or Metamucil. Some people use yogurt or a probiotic supplement. Just be sure to serve lots of water with whatever you use.

I agree with the last post. Canned pumpkin and fiber are great to get things moving!