My dog is acting depressed and seems very lethargic and constantly napping. Is he OK?

Hi there,

My 7 yr old male corgi cross has been very flat for the past 2 days. He's been sleeping/resting under my bed all day, not excited for walks, no tail wagging and it may sound silly but he just has extremely sad eyes!

I noticed his stomach on one side is rather tight and looks a bit bloated.

He has kidney disease and athritis in his back legs, but neither cause him too much discomfort at the moment.

Any suggestions/help?

Thanks!

Anna (and Finn)

Asked by Member 1108965 on May 3rd 2012 Tagged sad, behaviour, tight, bloatedstomach, belly in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Scout

Have you had him checked for parasites lately? In some cases having any type of worms can make them bloat and inactive.

Scout answered on 5/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I hope it's not too late, but he's probably in pain. Dogs are very stoic and you probably won't hear moaning or whining until it's REALLY bad, they just seem "lazy" and withdrawn when they're hurting.

I hope you took him to see a vet to figure out what's wrong with him.