My dog is 8 years old. He is not eating anything properly from past one week except bread, pedigree but not his normal food I.e., ragi and rice. Fever is absent and it's taking little appetizer from past two days but stil no improvement. People around the house are bursting crackers and he is very much scared of it.could this be the reason? But I guess it should be all right by a day or two.he is active when he is taken for a walk but rest of the day, he is scared under the bed and he is very dull.. I would appreciate if my question is answered as soon as possible. Thanks in advance

Vet was called two days ago..he said there is no problem and said the appetizer would help.

Asked by Member 1140460 on Nov 13th 2012 Tagged noteatingfood, butactivewhilewalking in Health & Wellness

Answers

I would have your vet check him out unless your sure his behavior is from fear. Why can't you stop the noises he's afraid of?

It sounds like he is so scared, he just has lost his appetite. You have to find a way of making the area around him to be less noisy so that the dog may calm down. He people are setting off crackers, you may want to put him someplace where he can not hear them.