My dog is 11 years old he's been drinking a lot of water lately and now his mouth is very watery and drooling a lot . S

Asked by Member 1196150 on Oct 25th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Is your dog a large breed? They are usually way more drooly than little dogs, but that's good because the water pik action inside helps keep their teeth clean. He is older and keeping up his water intake is good. However, this can be a sign of some renal, bladder and/or other health problems, so it's best to take him in to see the vet for what is called a senior exam. It's basically a senior citizen health check-up for dogs. When I took Pan (age 14 1/2) he had thyroid issues and I wish I had taken him in sooner; he's still skinny and has to take daily pills. Good luck and Woof to the world ^_^