My dog has unexpected behavior with my 2 year old daughter. I need help

My dog is 2 years old. I got her when I was 6 months pregnant with my daughter. She has been great with her up until a month or so ago. She has started growling at her and has started peeing in my daughter's room only. I am very confused on how to handle this and how to fix this problem. Help would be so much appreciated.

Asked by Member 1151521 on Jan 23rd 2013 Tagged behavior, toddlers, urine, growling in Behavior & Training

Answers

When dealing with this sort of issue with a dog and a toddler, you absolutely need to contact a certified behaviorist and have them come to your home and observe the dog and your family and develop a program of behavior modification for your whole family.
Obtaining help from an internet site for something like this which can literally mean life or death is absolutely NOT the way to go. There is a whole lot of difference between reading something perhaps written by a self-proclaimed behavior expert or trainer online and trying to apply it yourself, on your own and actually having a trained professional right there, in person, working with you.
This is not something to fool around with...please contact a certified behaviorist immediately before something bad happens!