My dog has tons of small bumps all over her body, what are they and how did I get rid of them?

My dog is a 3 year old Catahoula mix female. Last weekend we took our dogs hiking and the next morning I noticed she had a few, maybe 5, thought they may be bug bites and decided they were no big deal. Over the course of the week she started to get more. Went hiking again this weekend and now today I've noticed there are a ton of them all over. I assume maybe its an allergic reaction? I don't know. Anyone have this happen before and know what I can do for her?

Asked by Member 1024093 on Oct 31st 2011 in Skin Problems

Best Answer

It does sound like she may be allergic to something in the area you go hiking. Maybe she got into a particular plant and it caused some irritation. I would give her a good bath to get rid of any residue. I personally would use PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray on something like this. It is 100% Organic, Non Toxic, and is amazing at helping with itchy spots/dry skin/red bumps/etc. I use it for everything! You can spray it directly onto the bumpy areas a few times a day. It should help reduce inflammation and help with any pain or itching she is having. Check it out at www.myPETfection.com for more info. Hope this helps!

Wyatt answered on Nov 2nd.

Answers

I would take her to the vet to find out what they are. They could be an allergic reaction. The only way to figure out how to treat it is to find out what it is. Good Luck!