My dog has tiny bumps that look like pimples on her vagina and under her chin, what could this be?

Asked by Member 1113914 on Jun 3rd 2012 in Illness & Disease

Answers

Bentley

It depends on what kind of dog you have, some breeds can have acne just like people do. My dog is mixed with pug and he gets bumps on his face.

Bentley answered on 6/3/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

What you are describing does not sound normal for ANY breed. Most likely she has some sort of infection and it has spread to her face from licking, usually this type of infection is caused by staph bacteria.
I would strongly suggest a veterinary visit with a culture to find out which antibiotic she needs before it gets totally out of control.

Petri

Dogs can get acne. Usually it is found in skin folds or oily areas like the chin. She may have developed it from the residue in her food bowl. Give her a good bath and keep these areas wiped out with a wet wash cloth or even a mild baby wipe. They should go away on their own. If they get worse or change colors then I'd definitely take her to the vet. Hope this helps!

Petri answered on 6/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer