my dog has thick white flaky skin which he's been constantly scratching, does anyone know what that could be?

my dog was infested with fleas from being outside digging one day, i gave him the pill and the fleas are gone but now the sking on her back is white instead of pink and is flaking off...her hair is coming off as you try to pull off the flakes....does anyone know what this is?

Asked by Member 1116375 on Jun 18th 2012 in Grooming

Answers

He could have had a reaction to the meds you gave him for the fleas, he could be allergic to the flea bites, or allergic to something else. He could also have something else going on, so I would take him to the vet to get him checked out. Good luck with him.

My be the current food needs to change because it is causing him trouble or allergic.

Petri

It sounds like an allergic reaction to the flea meds. Keep the area cleaned well and pull off the fur. Something similar happened to my pug, and I applied PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray ((it is 100% Organic) to it to help with the redness and itching. This spray also blocked out infection, so while the fur was growing back she didn't get any more sores or tenderness. The redness was gone within a day or two, and then it was just a matter of the fur growing back. I hope this helps! I definitely recommend the spray.

Petri answered on 6/19/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It is probably the fleas have left your dog's skin flaky.You can use olive oil to cure it and I would suggest that you get it checked by a vet once.