My dog has separation anxiety that has taken a turn for the worse out nowhere.

My dog has separation anxiety that has taken a turn for the worse out of nowhere. He is a 2 year old German Shepherd that I rescued from the shelter over a year ago. He has had separation anxiety from day 1, but I found a solution by crating him whenever I am gone from the house. This has worked well for a while, but I know this is not a permanent solution.

Just this week, things have gotten much worse. This week he has started peeing in the mornings while I'm still asleep. He also peed the other day because I closed a door behind me when I walked into another room for maybe five minutes. Today he even peed and pooped on my carpet while I was in the shower for 10 minutes. He doesn't wine or give any warning he is upset. I know it is not because he has to go because in all cases he had been out very recently, including the mornings when I know he can hold it for much longer because he has been fine about this for the past year. Please help me.

Asked by Member 1155136 on Feb 13th 2013 Tagged separationanxiety, housebreaking, cratetraining in Separation Anxiety

Answers

Have you had him to the vet to rule out any medical conditions? Sometimes using a crate can be a long term solution. I would continue using that. Good Luck!