my dog has blood coming out her anus

My dog is a 13 year old Pekingese. She seems to be constipated, because when she tries to poop a little bit comes out but is still attached to her rectum. I went to wash it off her butt with warm water and she started bleeding. It was a bloody mucus that was coming out. Please tell me what I can do for her. I can't afford a vet because I am having money problems as it is because I am currently disabled due to a work related injury.

Asked by Member 1074678 on Dec 2nd 2011 in Health & Wellness

Answers

SNEAKERS

It sounds like she has swallowed a Bone, or other object, probably from Resource Guarding.

She needs to be taken to a Vet, and have an XRay done, to see if a Surgical Extraction is necessary.
IF you don't, you could loose her.

But, in the mean time, you should put her food in a Blender with a little warm water, and make her a "Soup". That will pass around the obstruction and provide her with some nutrition, IF you decide not to medically intervene in this life threatening situation.

SNEAKERS answered on 12/2/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

See if you can talk to the vet to make payments. Or maybe they can tell you more what to do on the phone if you explain the situation. This dog needs help, please do not wait.